Hi everyone! I’m slowly finishing all the sewing projects I want to write posts about, so as a sewing post filler, I decided to talk about which costumes I made in the past and want to remake in the future.
Even though I want to remake every costume on this list, I will not work on them for at least the next two or more months. There is a lot of changes going on in my life right now which makes it harder for me to sew as much as I’d like to. (This is also the reason why I don’t talk about sewing as much as I want to. I don’t have the time to finishing anything.) So, this is a list of costumes I’d like to remake one day once my life settles down a bit. Continue reading “Costumes I Want to Remake- Spring 2018”→
Hi everyone! It’s time for another sewing pattern haul. I missed February’s pattern haul because I didn’t buy any patterns. In March, McCall’s and Simplicity patterns were on sale so I bought some that I wanted along with pattern I already owned but needed to buy new ones as back up or replacements.
In addition to this post, I also created a video about my pattern haul! You can see it here:
After my previous test and discovering the paint’s colors didn’t blend together like I planned, I wanted to see if I could use the paints with a stencil. I had an idea to use the paints with a stencil on a future project, but I would need to make the stencil myself. Since I couldn’t buy a stencil, I wanted to know what I could use to make the stencil that wouldn’t allow the paint to bleed under the stencil.
A few years ago, I made my own version of Clara Oswald’s dress in the Doctor Who episode, Cold War. While I made it, I hated how it was turning out and, after completing it, I hated the way it looked even more. I always wanted to remake it, but it wasn’t until 2016 I was able to do it. Because I made and finished the dress in 2016, I don’t remember a lot about the dress itself or how I constructed it, but I wanted to talk about it before it becomes a costume that gets lost in my closet and is forgotten before I can talk about it on my blog.
It’s been a year since I started working on my Elizabethan Whovian costume. During that time I’ve worked on it on and off, but progress on it has been slow partly because I ran into more problems with the bodice of the dress, and partly because my day job has kept me very busy. Despite this, I was able to work on and off on the hat for the costume. I recently finished most of the hat, so here is how I made it!
Hi everyone! A few years back, I used to talk about my favorite new home sewing pattern released from the year. I stopped doing this because I became I became so busy I couldn’t keep track of all the patterns I bought that year. This year, I decided to revive these posts, but only as a one month pattern haul. The pattern hauls will include all the new patterns I bought during that month that I want to talk about and, sometimes, what I plan on using the pattern for.
Hi everyone! Last year, in my post about making a 1950’s denim skirt, I mentioned that I bought two kinds of denim to make two denim skirts. I used one of the denim I bought to make the 1950’s skirt, but the second skirt took longer to finish.
A few weeks ago, I talked about attempting ombre fabric dying for a costume I want to make. This week, I wanted to talk about something else I tried to create ombre colors on fabric before I tried ombre fabric dying: fabric spray paint.
Back when I was afraid to try ombre dying, I thought that I could use watered down fabric paint to achieve the same affect. I tried this before with just one color and it turned out really nicely, so I thought I could do it with three colors.
While looking at the fabric paint section at Hobby Lobby, I found that they had fabric paint in aerosol cans. I got very excited, so I bought two cans in two different colors so I could try them out on scrap fabric to see how well they blend.
Since I did multiple experiments with the paint, I’m breaking them up into two posts.