Clara’s Nightmare in Silver Skirt- Version 2
Earlier this year I decided to be Clara Oswald from Nightmare in Silver for this year’s Phoenix Comicon. This ended up not happening, but I did finish one skirt made with fabric I bought from Spoonflower.
Although I love my first skirt, I decided to make a second, this time out of performance knit. I read somewhere, though I cannot remember where, that performance knit is closer to the fabric used for the style of skirt that was used in the episode. Also, the performance knit would have more accurate coloring to the design than the cotton I made the first skirt out of. I also believe that the silky faille would work well with accurate coloring, but I tried the performance knit instead.
Months ago, I decided to begin working on the skirt, but since my sewing machine was broken, the skirt sat for months waiting for me to pick it back up and finish it. A few months ago I did finish it, and here’s what it looks like….
And this is what it looks like with the jacket on it…..
I used the same pattern I used for the first skirt, Simplicity pattern number 1500. The skirt does have pockets, but I’m not that wild about them or how they turned out. I finished sewing the skirt by hand. When I took the photos, I didn’t put hook and eyes in the front of the waistband because, at the time, I couldn’t find the hook and eyes I bought for the skirt. Since then, I found the hook and eyes and now are is sewn onto the waistband.
Although I finished this skirt about a month (or more) ago, I didn’t get around to writing this post thanks to life taking priority to anything blog related.
You must log in to post a comment.