More Tudor Dress Progress

Well, a while ago I talked about making a Tudor dress from Simplicity pattern 2589. I’m happy to say that I have finished the outer gown and took photos of it on my dress from! I really like how it turned out and am very excited about finishing the whole costume.

Excuse the messy room in the photos. I’m afraid I still haven’t cleaned it up yet.

The whole gown with petticoat underneath….

Tudor dress red and black

Close up of the bodice top….

Thanks to my sewing machine breaking a few weeks ago, I haven’t been able to sew finish the underskirt of the costume. (I’m NOT sewing that thing by hand) So instead I began to work on the under sleeves. I’m currently sewing ribbon onto the edge of the sleeves (The pattern wants bias tape sewn onto the edge of the sleeves, but I like the way the ribbon looks) and making the sleeves by hand sewing methods. It’s very time consuming, but it gives me something to do while I watch TV shows. (I find hand sewing and hand embroidery very relaxing)

This is as far as I got with the under sleeves….

tudor dress black and white

It might be a while before I can complete the whole costume, unless I use my mom’s sewing machine until my sewing machine can be fixed. ^_^

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s