A few years ago, I made my own version of Clara Oswald’s dress in the Doctor Who episode, Cold War. While I made it, I hated how it was turning out and, after completing it, I hated the way it looked even more. I always wanted to remake it, but it wasn’t until 2016 I was able to do it. Because I made and finished the dress in 2016, I don’t remember a lot about the dress itself or how I constructed it, but I wanted to talk about it before it becomes a costume that gets lost in my closet and is forgotten before I can talk about it on my blog.
While doing research into the dress, I found Mariah’s Cosplay Site has a page dedicated to the costume and even has an idea what kind of dress was used in the episode, the Vivienne Westwood Metallic Pannier Dress. After reading it, I decided to make my dress have a similar neckline to the Vivienne Westwood dress, but modify it to accommodate my recent and future weight loss. 🙂 Continue reading “Clara’s Cold War Dress- Second Version Part 1”
Recently I received a question about the color of the Clara Oswald’s Robots of Sherwood dress I made a few months ago. You can read more about the dress I made here. In the post, I referred to the color of the dress as “orange” but in the photos I took, the dress has more of a red color than orange. The difference in color made me wonder, what is a good way of describing the color? Is it really a red or an orange?
After looking through the notes I made about the dress, it is not just a red or an orange, but a combination of both.
Continue reading “Clara Oswald’s Robots of Sherwood Dress- Is it Red or Orange?”
A few days ago, I tried on my beloved Rose Tyler-Idiot’s Lantern dress and much to my dismay, it didn’t fit me anymore. It makes me livid that I worked so hard on my dress, hand sewing each sequin onto the bodice individually, and now it doesn’t fit me anymore. In case anyone is wondering why the dress doesn’t fit me anymore, it’s quite simple: I grew taller. This is very unusual for a female my age to have a growth spurt, but it’s not unusual for my family. When I began making the dress, I thought I was done growing. Unfortunately, I was wrong and in the year after I finished making the dress I grew approximately three inches taller. Originally I thought I could rescue the bodice by adding fabric, but after working on it for a few hours, I gave up and decided I needed to completely re-do the bodice.
Continue reading “Revival of the Idiot’s Lantern Dress”